Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Child-Like Faith

My daughter Alexandria (9 years old) is the epitome of Jesus’ teaching of faith. Ever since I can remember she has possessed a divine gift of prayer and faith. I am always amazed how she comforts me with her words of encouragement and empowerment. During my seasons of testing, she calls and says “Dad, I am calling to check on you and see if you are alright”. Her words touch my heart in a way that bring tears to my eyes. She always asks about the church, ministries and my preaching or teaching. When I share with her where God is leading me, she always tells me that she will pray and ask God for His favor. I told her about the possibility of the church moving and she said that she would pray and fast. Immediately I asked her what did she know about fasting? She explained to me what it means to fast in a child-like manner, “to give up something you like” and pray. I was so amazed with her response but then again I should not have been because she has an unconditional faith in God. I have truly learned from this child who believes that God can do anything and everything. Whenever I need a word from the Lord, he uses this little girl to bring peace, joy and comfort to my soul. I truly feel that God speaks to me through Alexandria when I feel discouraged, disheartened or dismayed. Through her, He lets me know that everything is working according to His purpose and this is why I love Him and Alexandria!

No comments:

Post a Comment