Friday, February 12, 2010

Just Do It

If you’re like me, all this snow is becoming quite annoying to say the least. We have experienced masses of snow accumulations, which have made it difficult to maneuver through our daily routines. Many of you are unable to get out of your homes due to the hazardous road conditions, some of you, like me, experienced loss of power and frigid temperatures. Whatever you have encountered, it was something we never thought would occur at this time in our life. The word of God is very clear… there is a time for everything under heaven. From this perspective, I can comprehend this was our time for a massive snowstorm and while this storm caused discomfort, distress, and even irritation, we must continue to press forward.

During the storm, I reflected on many things but what intrigued me the most was the fact that life will sometimes be like this snowstorm we are enduring. The weatherman warned to constantly shovel as much as possible due to the snow accumulations. As much as I tried to keep up with the shoveling, it seemed to overtake me and I began to face an obstacle that I could not handle. Eventually, I surrendered and walked away because it was more than I could handle. Only to return the next day and discover there was “no way” I would be able to dig myself out of this. But God specializes in this area of our lives when we encounter so much accumulations (family, health, relationships, financial, etc.) that we conclude we will never be able to dig ourselves out. He will send us what we need to get out of circumstance or obstacles.

When I finally made up my mind, I realized the only way I was going to get out of all this snow was to begin digging my way through. This is when I discovered the power of God. You see, I was looking for help to get me out of all of this snow accumulation, but God had a better plan… he was showing me that when I trust Him and rely on His provisions, he will make a way out of no way. What seemed to be a barrier God made it my breakthrough! For you that have read this today, this is my word to you, “you can dig yourself out of anything with God.”

Kneeling In Order To Stand,
Pastor Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment